- Bimbo Canada has conducted a voluntarily recall of sliced bread produced at our facility in St. John's, NFLD and sold through various retailers and foodservice partners as it may contain foreign material (glass pieces). No other products are affected by this recall.
- The affected products are loaves of sliced bread with Best Before dates of Jan 4, Jan 7, Jan 8 and Jan 10, 2019 (blue Quik Lok).
- We are recalling the product as a precautionary measure.
- There have been no reports of illness related to the consumption of the recalled product or consumer injury complaints.
- The products were sold only in NFLD, Canada and all of it was removed from store shelves on December 27, 2018.
- Consumers are our first priority and we have taken all necessary steps to mitigate any potential risk and to eliminate further occurrences. We halted production at our St. John's facility and resolved the issue immediately. We have also reviewed Good Manufacturing Practices with all our associates at dedicated meetings.
- Bimbo Canada places a premium on producing the highest-quality of products and has taken immediate action to address this matter.
- Consumers can call our hotline at 1-888-269-4393 or visit the CFIA website, www.inspection.gc.ca for further information.
Media Hotline: (416) 626-4316
Monday to Friday between
9 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST.