- Canada Bread Company, Limited and the Bakery, Confectionary, Tobacco, Workers and Grain Millers (BCTGM) Local 468, which represents associates who work in the bakery located in Langley, BC, have successfully ratified a new Collective Bargaining Agreement. This brings an end to the strike/lockout that commenced on April 1, 2017.
- On May 23, the new four-year agreement was unanimously endorsed by the BCTGM negotiating committee. The agreement was accepted by a majority of our associates during a vote earlier today, May 25.
- All monetary and non-monetary items within the Collective Bargaining Agreement have been successfully resolved, including matters of critical importance to the long-term viability of the bakery.
- The company will ramp up operations over the next two weeks, during which time we will gradually bring associates back to work.
- Canada Bread would like to thank our customers and consumers for their support during the strike/lockout.We would also like to deeply thank our salaried associates.
- The Langley bakery employs 200 associates, 160 of whom are in the bargaining unit represented by BCTGM Local 468.
- Canada Bread Company, Limited, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Grupo Bimbo since May 2014, is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Stonemill®, Ben’s®, McGavins® and Vachon®. In business for more than 100 years, the Company operates 18 bakeries and employs approximately 4,225 associates across Canada.
- For more information: Sylvia Sicuso, Canada Bread, 416-626-4316.
Media Hotline: (416) 626-4316
Monday to Friday between
9 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST.